What Nonprofit companies need to know about Google Ad Grants major changes
If your nonprofit organization wants to get Google Ad Grant, you should know not only the basic requirements but also the changes related to them.
Here is a brief summary of the most important things to know!
Google Ad Grants work just like online advertising on Google AdWords – it shows ads to people looking for nonprofits like yours. If you meet all needed requirements, you will receive $ 10,000 per month for AdWords advertising (up to $ 40,000 for the participants of Grantspro).
As you think about the best ways to use Google Ad Grants, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages, in positions below the ads of paying advertisers.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind AdWords advertising each month.
How it usually works, rules might change over time and it is not different in this case. Here are several conditions that are valid from January 1, 2018:
- No More $2 Bid Cap
- If your account doesn’t achieve at least a 5% CTR for two consecutive months, your account will be canceled
- Your account must make use of geo-targeting, meaning your ads will only serve to searchers in locations that are relevant to you
- Each campaign in your AdWords account must feature at least two active ad groups, which must contain related keywords and two active text ads.
- Finally, your account must feature at least two sitelink extensions.
- Branded keywords that are not affiliated with your own brand (for example, you can not bid on Google) are no longer permitted.
- Single, non-branded keywords and extremely generic, broad keywords, like „free e-books“ or „Best pizza“ are also no longer permitted.
The council conclusions:
It is very important to keep tracking your account notifications. Give yourself at least one monthly reminder in the calendar. You should also meet all requirements; otherwise, it might happen your account will be automatically deactivated. Finally, if your account is deactivated for some reason, please do not hesitate to request reactivation. You can do this either through a contact form, chat or by phone (0800 500 939). Before doing so, you should adjust your account according to the requirements and rules.